Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Part 2 of the Vampire Interview:)


New Interview with Kellan from Twilight Parents Examiner
About being a free spirit:
I just love what I do. I found myself going on this one path becoming a chemical engineer making $60,000 a year- it was a respectable job. But my personality needs more. The rush of having an audition or becoming another character was awesome. But thank God that He was there shooing me in the right direction. He just kept me safe, and I know I put my mom through some stressful times.
That’s why I wear a white bracelet on left wrist. It's my freedom bracelet. It’s finally my life and I get to do what I want to do, and it reminds me where I came from. I’m in it for the right reasons. I don’t care to be famous; I don’t care to be in the tabloids. I just love to act. I enjoy it so much. It’s just my favorite hobby that I’ve unlocked inside of myself, and I’d love to do it for the rest of my life.
About staying in shape- both at home and on the set of Eclipse:
I like to box. I have a boxing area in the back yard with a couple of bags and I like to see my boxing coach when I’m in town. I have a pool in my back yard. I love to swim; I grew up swimming. I just love it; it’s the best exercise. I hate running but I’ll take my dog for a walk or we’ll go climbing boulders she has so much energy and that’s why I love her, because she pushes me and I push her.
When we’re up here (Vancouver) I’ve been gaining weight and lifting really heavy. We do fight training every other day that consists of jujitsu, kung fu, boxing, and kickboxing- just mixed martial arts to really prepare for our fight sequences. It’s intense. I’ve never had the small muscles that hold the big muscles so sore before.
About the Twilight Saga directors:
Catherine Hardwick- She was really energetic and wild and crazy in a good way, because I’m that way too. It was really fun working with her because she just had an energy that was really fun to have in a director because then you don’t get sluggish and down.
Chris Weitz- He was really calm and really had everything planned out. Every time we had a question, he had an answer. Every day we went on set it was really easy; you didn’t even have to work at all.
David Slade- This is an action movie, so it’s nice to have him and his team make it a manly movie that’s really action packed. With his insight and making it gritty from Hard Candy and 30 Days of Night with the action packed vampires, it's looking great.
He seems like hes doing a good job so far...I just wish they hadn't changed Edwards car in New Moon!!
About being snapped by the paparazzi driving a mini-van:
I did that on purpose- my family was in town, and I like taking my family to the stuff I get invited to so they can have a taste of the cake that is my life, in a way. So I didn’t care, I was like, let’s take the van. I hopped in the driver’s seat because I wanted to be photographed in it. We thought it was kind of funny- so we blasted the rap music.
Because if you can’t joke and have a good time… the paparazzi’s always going to be there, so you can either hide from them and not have a life, or you can have fun with it. If I go out into Hollywood, I know it’s a part of the territory. When I’m at home, though, I’ll go up to them and ask them not to shoot my house and to at least have the decency of that.
About Rob and the paparazzi:
....hanging out with Rob, it’s tough to see what he has to go through. It’s really tough for him because you can’t put a price on your life, your freedom, your happiness, and it’s gonna go on for a couple of years. It’s tough when you can’t even leave your hotel room to go get a coffee.
That is sad:( to be stuck inside all day, what do u guys think?

And he ended the interview with this...
"I believe if you walk down the street and just give someone a smile or say hey, you look great, just one little encouraging word can change a whole day, or a whole life."
Thats really nice, u ladies let me know ur fan encounter stories lol. 

Photo Courtesy of editha.Vampire Girl <333
See full article here at Twilight Parents Examiner

No comments:

Post a Comment